The truth is we often make the silliest excuses to avoid cleaning our bathrooms. We’re always putting it off till tomorrow until we realize that dozens of “tomorrows” have passed and the bathroom looks like a pigsty! Everyone thinks cleaning the bathroom is a nasty job and no one wants to do it.
One of the most common reasons for neglecting bathroom cleaning (apart from not having enough time) is lack of cleaning supplies. You’ve probably been meaning to buy some cleaning essentials for a while now and haven’t gotten around to doing it. Well, with the list we’re about to give you, your supplies cabinet will have everything you need to get your bathroom spotless! Read on.
Without the use of brushes, bathroom cleaning wouldn’t be harder and much less effective. From the toilet bowl and floors, to those corners and nooks and crannies, brushes are a must! Here are the various types of brushes you need in order to clean a bathroom thoroughly:
- Toilet Brush – For the toilet bowl
- Floor Brush – For cleaning floors and daily tile grout
- Grout Brush – For deep cleaning between tiles
- Handheld Brush – For miscellaneous cleaning such as scrubbing stubborn stains under the sink or the toilet bowl lid
- Old Toothbrushes – For hard-to-reach places and in between bathroom fixtures.
- Scrubbers and Sponges
Without these, how else will you clean your sink, tub, bathroom fixtures, walls, etc? With so many purposes, it’s important to have to good stock of scrubbers/sponges and to ensure that each one is used separately. That means having separate scrubbers for the sink, tub, toilet bowl exteriors, etc. When shopping for bathroom scrubbers, look out for the following types:
- Soft Sponges – For counters, sinks and tubs
- Mildly Abrasive – For faucets and stainless steel fixtures
- Abrasive – For walls and stubborn stains
Obviously you can’t clean without cleaning products. Even if you try, you’re not going to be happy with the results. With that said, let’s look at the essential cleansers for bathroom cleaning:
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner – 1 natural cleanser for regular cleaning and 1 acidic cleaner for deep cleans
- Floor Cleaner – To clean tile grout and make floors shine again
- Glass Cleaner – For mirrors, glass doors, windows, etc
- All-Purpose Cleaner – For your tub, sink, counters, bathroom fixtures and other bathroom components; as the name suggests, this cleaner can be use for all bathroom surfaces
- Disinfectants – Spray bathroom fixtures, doorknobs, flush handles, sinks, etc regularly and give them a quick wipe down
- Miscellaneous Supplies
We’re almost done; here’s a quick look at those extra bathroom cleaning aids that not only make cleaning easier, but more efficient as well:
- Rubber Gloves – For sanitary purposes
- Squeegees – Separate ones for floors and walls.
- Mop – For spot cleaning marks or stains when the floor is wet
- Bathroom Fresheners – For a fresh, sweet smelling bathroom
There you have it; every cleaning supply you need to keep your bathroom clean, sanitized and fresh!